Welcome to the 1st Waltham Forest South (Noor Ul Islam) Scout Group!
Please see the term timetable here
The group opened in April 2010 and has steadily grown with the help of our Leaders, helpers and parents.
- 1st Waltham Forest Scout Group is a great place to learn about the fun and excitement of Scouting.
- We now have four sections led by our dedicated Scout Leaders
- 2010 - The group started with beaver (6 - 8 years of age) and cub sections (8 - 10½ years of age).
- 2011 - We launched two new sections, namely Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts (for children between the age of 10½ to 14).
- 2011 - The group was awarded a trophy by the Waltham Forest Council of Mosques for the development of youth in Waltham Forest.
- 2012 - With just over 90 children, the group was the largest in the Waltham Forest South District and in recognition a shield was presented to the Group by the District Commissioner of Waltham Forest.
- 2013 - Two of our leaders were given their wood badges at our AGM by the DC of Waltham Forest South. Masha'Allah to both of them!
- 2014 - Due to Project Rebuild of Noor Ul Islam Masjid, the group has moved to Noor Ul Islam Primary School, Dawlish Road, Leyton
- 2016 - We had three camps this year, one with the whole District at Gilwell Park. Two of our leaders now have Nights Away Permits!
The Group also has a Facebook Page where the latest news and photos from events can be seen.
Sessions are held at :